A weekly update from Contact North ǀ Contact Nord,
Ontario’s Distance Education & Training Network
Have colleagues who might be interested in receiving the Online Learning News?
Forward today’s issue and they can subscribe here!
Sharing Innovation – The Ontario Pockets of Innovation Webinar Series
Stay on the cutting edge of online learning
Connect with other Ontario online learning innovators
With 85 registrations from colleges and universities across Ontario, Canada, United States and Australia, there are just a few places still available for the 45-minute free webinar featuring York University's SPARK: A VIRTUAL LEARNING COMMONS on Thursday, February 13, 2014, at 10.00 a.m. EST.
[email protected] – Predictions for Post-secondary Education in 20 years
In the year 2034:
- YouTube is a student's learning gateway
- Textbooks have died
- LinkedIn is an online testing and authentication centre
- Knowbots and Siri act as 24/7 teaching assistants and academic coaches
- Students are using realistic 3-D holographs of lectures on any subject
These are just some of the predictions for post-secondary education in 20 years found in [email protected].
Top Resources for Blended Learning – Updated!
Check out an updated version of Top Resources for Blended Learning describing some of the best online tools for information management and sharing, collaboration, and communication for more engaged student learning.
Pockets of Innovation
From Ontario's public colleges and universities:
- Read about how the University of Ottawa is expanding its online course inventory, with new offerings in sociology, psychology, mathematics, managerial accounting, and organic chemistry.
- Learn how Lambton College is realizing the benefits of blended courses for teaching and learning through a fully re-designed course in Physical Anthropology.