A weekly update from Contact North ǀ Contact Nord,
Ontario’s Distance Education & Training Network
Have colleagues who might be interested in receiving the Online Learning News?
Forward today’s issue and they can subscribe here!
Trends & Directions
- Reducing Costs through Online Learning : Five Proven Strategies from the US, Canada, the UK and Australia
Explore five key institutional strategies to achieve costs savings and greater effectiveness:
- Increasing efficiency in teaching and learning
- Sharing services to reduce development and support costs
- Exploiting new sources of educational content
- Reducing space and infrastructure demands
- Developing new revenue streams
Pockets of Innovation
- Find out how Centennial College has used a disaster simulation game to teach students in nursing, medicine, paramedicine, policing, media, health administration, and other programs.
- Learn how Nipissing University is developing and supporting communities of learners among graduate students in the Faculty of Education.
Last Week’s Most Popular Links on the Portal
- A New Pedagogy is Emerging and Online Learning is a Key Contributing Factor
- Four New Online Teaching Video Tutorials
- Pockets of Innovation: Series
- Pockets of Innovation: Digital College
- Online Learning as a Possible Cost Saving Measure
Visit the Portal today and find out why it receives almost 14,000 visits a month from faculty members and instructors across Ontario and around the world.
Follow us on Twitter.
Like us on Facebook.