Explore specific approaches to alternative assessments – podcasts, portfolio-based assessment, competency-based video assessment, group and individual projects.
Find out what weight should be attached to online participation and how to assess “participation”.
- How do you assess students, no matter where they are located?
- How do we assess student work, especially where the work has practical components?
- What approaches can we take to assessment to ensure they are authentic, equitable and effective?
Five Key Takeaways An understanding of:
- The differences of assessing students in an online environment.
- Approaches you can take to weighting participation.
- Ensuring accessibility, equity and efficiency in assignments.
- Ensuring the integrity of assessment.