As COVID-19 continues to upend the normal social connections between students and professors — casual interactions during office hours, pre-class conversation, post-class questions — social media is emerging as a tool to maintain and improve those connections that are vital for student retention, academic development, diversity and inclusion.
In this interactive, one-hour webinar, Dr. Abdullah Al-Bahrani and Dr. Rebecca Moryl explore 10 social media strategies to maintain student-faculty connections during the mass transition to online education.
Participants learn how to:
- Use social media to complement traditional communication
- Find the platform of choice
- Stay on brand
- Recognize we’re all #InItTogether
- Target the “whole” student
- Use social media to engage students
- Cross-promote their institution
- Build a discipline co-educational space
- Share discipline-specific content
- Share student successes