1. AHEAD OF YOUR MEETING
- Activate your zoom account and download desktop client (first time only)
- Sign-in to your Zoom account and schedule your meeting
- Adjust meeting default settings: Recurring? Record automatically? Waiting room? etc.
- Send out email invitation (link) and any documents participants might need ahead of the meeting
- Prepare lesson materials - slide presentation, images, videos, polls, breakout room plan, etc.
2. JUST PRIOR TO STARTING YOUR MEETING
- Login to your meeting early and plug in your headset (or speakers + mic)
- Test your audio by clicking the audio menu "Test Speaker & Microphone"
- Test your webcam by clicking the video menu "Video Settings"
- Open any applications and/or documents that you will be sharing, close everything else you won't need
- Click on Participants and Chat buttons to display them at the side of the meeting window, if preferred
- Share your screen or the application that you want in view of when participants arrive
- Double-check all meeting settings - security, participant sharing, chat options
3. ZOOM TIME!
- Start recording and choose where to save it (optional)
- Admit students into meeting if using waiting room option
- Allow participants to control their microphones (or not control) - click the ellipses in participant window
- Grant additional capabilities (as desired) such as webcam and mark up tools
- Confirm that participants can hear you and see shared content/webcam by asking for reactions
- Click on Share Screen to display your desired content
- ... and BREATH! You are in control of the meeting
4. ENDING YOUR MEETING
- Assign an alternate host if you need to leave the meeting early (optional)
- Remind participants to download files from chat area if applicable
- Click END to end the meeting and convert the recording to MP4
- If you record to the cloud, you will receive an email when the playback is ready for viewing
Looking for a PDF Version of this checklist? DOWNLOAD PDF