Over the past year, AI has gained significant attention in higher education, prompting faculty and instructors to rethink their traditional teaching methods. Although many have embraced AI's potential, some educators need practical examples to help with implementation.
In this session, Curt Bonk showcases various ways post-secondary educators are using AI to improve their teaching. He'll relate these methods to his Read, Reflect, Display and Do (R2D2) model, tailored to the diverse learning styles of today's post-secondary students, in addition to his TEC-VARIETY framework for motivating online learners.
Equipped with these frameworks, faculty and instructors can confidently use AI to spark curiosity, enhance autonomy, foster interaction, boost engagement, offer valuable feedback and facilitate meaningful learning.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to address and potentially overcome the limitations of AI tools such as ChatGPT in the context of higher education.
1. Review frameworks for reflecting on the use of AI in education
2. Gain fresh insights into how and where generative AI is being effectively used in different settings and subject areas
3. Feel more confident about your instructional strategies that incorporate ChatGPT and similar generative AI platforms
4. Explore resources and templates developed over the past year by educators and instructional designers
5. Learn how to foster a learner-centred approach and engaging environment with generative AI