The key to the student experience is “presence”:
- The presence of the student;
- The presence of an instructor; and
- The presence of challenging learning resources.
As instructors shift from a content-focused learning model to one which is more engaging for students, students more questions and require more support.
Chatbots and intelligent tutoring systems can support students and instructors by offering 24x7 advice and information. They are increasingly used by colleges and universities to support teaching, student services, registration and recruitment. Whether using IBM Watson, Google’s DeepMind or other software, artificially intelligent agents and avatars are finding their ways onto phones, tablets and desktop to support students.
In this interactive webinar, we examine:
- The current state of artificial intelligence (AI)-enabled chatbots
- Examples of how they are used in colleges and universities, both in a variety of registration and recruitment activities and in tutoring
- Advanced examples of chatbots supporting learning
- “What’s next?” for intelligent tutors
By the end of this webinar, you:
- Have an overview of the current use of chatbots in colleges and universities
- Understand what it takes to “train” and “deploy” an intelligent tutor
- Know what it costs in terms of staff time and money
- Realize the potential of chatbots and avatars are in terms of course design and interactivity
- Are clear on the limitations of these technologies at this time