- Number of technology-assisted courses: All courses are delivered in asynchronous mode;
- Number of online courses: 72, with 15 under development in 2014-2015 (2,000 credits awarded);
- Platform: Desire2Learn (under a provincial license Ministry of Education licence);
- Multimedia rooms: Based on availability in the 12 consortium school boards;
- Estimated investment: Not specified;
- Human resources: 31 (including 20 teachers, each working in an attached school);
- Challenges: Setting course quotas (limited by the number of available teachers and online courses);
- Initiatives: Working with public institution consortiums; student supervision structure; participative team leadership dynamics; ongoing training within the school boards (team of trainers);
- Common areas of interest: Secondary/postsecondary alignment (dual recognition of credits, preparatory tools, etc.); modeling of the CAVFLO experience.
French-Language Virtual Learning Consortium of Ontario (CAVLFO) sees the convergence of its interests with those of the other Aménagement Linguistique Policy (PAL) partners in the following areas:
- Incorporating training workshops on online learning into the initial teaching provided by the provincial Faculties of Education;
- Aligning student needs as they move from secondary to postsecondary education through the use of a more extensive variety of online learning tools, such as the BoBio module created by La Cité for pupils who have difficulty with anatomy and was made available to high school students;
- The wider use of online and hybrid learning in elementary schools to help students develop 21st - century skills before they move to secondary and then to postsecondary institutions;
- The possibility of creating innovative models, such as the “school within a school” that allow adult students to earn their Ontario Secondary School Diploma at a postsecondary institution;
- The exploration of knowledge deriving from CAVFLO experience in the exclusive use of asynchronous mode with strict, personalized supervision and the dynamics that increased the level of coherence amount the 12 school boards province-wide.
The detailed fact sheet can be found in Appendix 7 of the accompanying document. This fact sheet is available in French only.