Selected Journals in Online and Distance Learning
Journals play an essential role in online and distance learning, crucial tools for sharing the latest in research, innovation, theory, practices, and events. Educators find ideas and connections, building a collective academic knowledge base that advances teaching, learning, management – and student success.
As information expands, so does the number of journals. Contact North | Contact Nord developed this list of Selected Journals in Online and Distance Learning as a central access point to journals that:
- Offer their readers the quality research, practical knowledge, and up-to-date information essential to successful teaching and learning in a digital age.
- Focus on higher education, offering pedagogy, technology, media and management practices that make a difference.
- May be open access, available through subscription or membership, or offer a mix of open and restricted articles.
- Are published in English.
This list is a work-in-progress, offering a non-exhaustive list of journals of interest to faculty, instructors, instructional designers, managers, technologists, and others exploring the world of online learning.
Lists of selected French and Spanish journals in online and distance learning are currently in development.
We welcome your input. Send us your corrections and potential additions to this directory via our Contact Us form.
You can search the directory in the following ways:
- Sort the directory alphabetically by Journal Name, Publisher, Country or Access Type.
- Keyword search on Journal Name, Focus & Scope, Publisher or Key Contacts
Click on the journal name to review its detail.
Your search results can be downloaded in a .CSV file format.